Enrichment is a very important part of a dog’s life. As well as physical exercise, dogs thrive off mental stimulation. Read more about canine enrichment here.
We have compiled a list of easy to source toys to keep your furry friend busy and stimulate their brains
- The classic kong is a staple in most households! As well as kibble, there’s so many ways you can stuff a kong to keep your dog happy and make the activity more challenging
- Spread some yoghurt or similar on a Lickimat. Licking also has a calming effect on dogs, perfect for any nervous dogs.
- You can learn how to make your own snuffle mat here or you can buy a ready made one instead like this one
6. The Kong Wobber is another great enrichment toy from kong. You can feed a whole meal or just use as a fun activity through the day
7. If you want to step it up a notch, you can try making some toys with moving parts or there’s a large variety available to buy too like these ones!
Remember: any food used for enrichment activities should be taken from your dog’s daily food allowance to maintain a healthy weight