Rehoming costs per dog are £495-595 which includes a microchip, passport, vaccinations, parasite treatment, tests for Southern European diseases, neutering (if appropriate) and transport to the UK.
The process for rehoming is simple.
- Fill in an application form
- We will contact you for an informal discussion via video chat
- One of our team of volunteer home-checkers will arrange to come and visit you
- They will pass back feedback to us and we will then contact you to advise if your chosen dog has been reserved
- We will advise you of proposed dates for the arrival of your dog, how to prepare for them etc. If you are adopting a dog in UK foster, we will co-ordinate meet ups and collection with the foster home.
- We need payment of the adoption fees before the dog leaves Spain
- You can track your new arrival the whole way and our transporter will keep in touch with you throughout the journey
We keep the process very informal – the questions we ask and checks we do are to ensure that you are a good fit for the dog you want to rehome. Sometimes people want to adopt a dog who may have behavioural issues or rather too much energy for their lifestyle. In these cases, we will advise you if we have other dogs which may be more suitable.
If things don’t work out – sometimes this happens and it is no-one’s fault – then we will work with you to find a new home for your dog.