Easy Frozen Treats
What better way to cool down in the heat than some frozen treats for your best friends? Here’s 5 easy treats to keep your dog cool this summer
- As well as having loads of nutritional benefits, bone broth can be frozen for those sunny days lazing in the garden. You can find out how to make bone broth here. You can also use salt free stock but be careful to make sure it doesn’t include any ingredients that may be harmful to dogs, like onions.
- Kefir is pretty much like the frozen yoghurt of the dog world! It’s packed full of probiotics so has many health benefits. You can grow your own kefir or buy it ready made in most supermarkets. You can also add fruit, chia seeds, peanut butter or turmeric for some extra flavour and benefits!.
- If you want a quick and easy way to cool your dog down with minimal preparation, grab some Frozzys! Think Ben & Jerry’s but for your dog. And a bit healthier too! Frozzys are lactose free and bursting with essential vitamins, minerals and fibre. You can find your nearest stockist here.
- DIY doggy ice cream can be made with as little as 3 ingredients and takes no time at all to make. It’s definitely one of the cheaper options for frozen treats and your dog will love it! There’s loads of different recipes around such as this one.
- Had enough treats for one day? Try a freezable toy like this one*